Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Power of God

Sometimes I wonder about G-d and His power and I try to look at the Holy Scripts to find the explanation about His power and yes I found from 3 different Holy Scripts and they are Al Qur'an (Islam), Holy Bible (Christianity), and The Torah (Judaism).

In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Most Merciful. I may not be a religious person but I have no doubt about His power and after I found what I am looking for from the Holy Scripts, I found out some similarities with what is written in Holy Koran (Al Qur’an) with Bible (The Old Testament) and Torah.

My interest is on the use of Old testament in Judaism and Christianity. It aroused a question from my side, why The old Testament is used in Judaism and Christianity? These two beliefs are different or the same? I asked my Christian friend and he said that actually Christianity was evolved from Judaism that's why The Old Testament is still being used by the Christian and in order to be able to understand The New Testament, we have to read and understand The Old Testament (well that is his opinion). I haven’t fount the exact reason yet.

Here, you can see the “similarities” that I have told you before:

Al - Quran

The Cattle - Al-'An'am

In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Most Merciful
[6.1] Praise is due to Allah, who has created the heavens and the earth and made darkness and light. Yet the unbelievers make (others) eq
ual with their Lord.

Holy Bible (Old Testament)

Genesis - Chapter 001

1:1 IN THE beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

1:2 Now the earth was unformed and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters.

1:3 And God said: 'Let there be light' And there was light.

1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.

1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

Holy Torah

Genesis 1:1-5


No comments:

Post a Comment